Legal Education Conference FAQs
1) How do I register for the Legal Education Conference?
To register for the Legal Education Conference, you must be a NAPPA member with paid annual dues. Registration forms for the current conference are available on the NAPPA website. Brochures are mailed to all NAPPA members on April 1 prior to the June Legal Education Conference.
2) How much does it cost to attend the NAPPA Legal Education Conference?
The fee for the 2013 Legal Education Conference is $895. The fee for the 2014 Legal Education Conference will be determined by February 2014.
3) What forms of payment does NAPPA accept for Conference fees?
NAPPA accepts checks, Visa & MasterCard for Legal Education Conference fees. NAPPA does not accept American Express or Discover Card.
4) What if I need to cancel my attendance at the Conference?
NAPPA's cancellation policy for the 2013 Legal Education Conference is as follows:
Cancellation prior to June 1st -- full refund
Cancellation June 1st - June 11th -- $150 administrative fee
(all refunds will be processed after the Legal Education Conference)
Cancellation after June 12th - no refund
5) What if I can only attend one day or one session at the Legal Education Conference?
You can attend as little or as much of the conference as your schedule allows. However there is no reduced fee for partial attendance.
6) Must I stay at the hotel where the Legal Education Conference is being held?
No, you do not have to stay at the conference hotel. However NAPPA encourages members to stay at the conference hotel because a conference rate is available.
7) How do I request copies of Legal Education Conference materials if I can't attend?
Legal Education Conference materials are available for a fee. Contact a NAPPA Staff Member for more information.
8) How do I become a speaker at the Legal Education Conference?
To participate as a speaker at the Legal Education Conference, contact a NAPPA Executive Board Member or the NAPPA Administrative Officer and express your desire to be a speaker, indicating your area(s) of interest.
9) How do I request future Legal Education Conference topics?
To request future Legal Education Conference topics, complete the Conference questionnaire available in the conference notebook, or contact a NAPPA Executive Board Member or the NAPPA Administrative Officer.
10) How are Legal Education Conference locations determined?
Conference locations are determined at the business meeting luncheon the last day of the Legal Education Conference. Locations are selected four years in advance.
11) How do I learn about dates and locations of future Legal Education Conferences?
Dates and locations of future Legal Education Conferences are available on the NAPPA website.
12) Are Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits available for attendees of the Legal Education Conference?
Yes, CLE credits are available for attendees whose states require them. CLE requirements and filing standards vary from state to state, therefore NAPPA will apply for and process CLE credits accordingly.